Company Name:Kroger Stores
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Role model the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Act in a professional manner and always display a positive attitude.
- Speak highly of the company in the presence of customers and other employees.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Inform customers of grocery specials.
- Recommend grocery items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review "sell by" dates and take appropriate action.
- Stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Maintain proper temperatures in cases and coolers as well as maintain temperature logs.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures, identifying unsafe conditions and notifying store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Unload truck. (must be 18 years of age to operate power jack)
- Operate baler (must be 18 years of age to operate)
- Operate straddle stacker (must be 18 years of age to operate)
- Build displays and stock shelves according to label.
- Understand and adhere to company shrink guidelines.
- Report all safety risks, issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Support company initiatives
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Must have a night availability between 9pm and 7am
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Retail experience
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly 443,000 associates who serve customers in 2,796 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries operate an expanding ClickList offering a personalized, order online, pick up at the store service in addition to 2,253 pharmacies, 787 convenience stores, 324 fine jewelry stores, 1,439 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is recognized as one of Americas most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TN||Memphis|| 6660 Poplar Ave ||38138 || Kroger Stores||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service; Grocery; Store Operations ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Part-Time|| None
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 33463832 memphis