Responsible for the nursing care of patients requiring substantial specialized judgment and skill. This judgment and skill is based on knowledge of the natural, behavioral and nursing sciences and humanities as the basis for application of the nursing process in wellness and illness care. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
Effective August 1, 2014, new hires (newly hired or rehired at MLH) or current Associates entering this job must also meet one of the following requirements:
Licensed to practice as a professional nurse in the state where work is performed or compact license.
Effective 10/1/2016: In lieu of BSN requirement, select MLH facilities may hire an Associates Degree prepared, licensed RN, with three (3) or more years of clinical experience. Acquiring a BSN within three (3) years from date of hire may be waived at select MLH facilities.
- Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts and techniques, which are central to the professional discipline in Nursing.
- Analytical skills necessary to assess complex patient conditions effectively and to develop comprehensive plans of care. Synthesizes multiple sources of information to assist in the resolution of human responses to complex problems
Key Job Responsibilities
- Patient assessments are performed accurately and timely.
- Develops a prioritized holistic plan of care based on a comprehensive assessment, desired outcomes, and current knowledge
- Safely implements the plan of care for patients, either directly or by delegation.
- Evaluates the patient plan of care on a continuous basis.
- Effectively communicates in writing and orally with patients/families and other health team members.
- Demonstrates and promotes professional practice of all members of the nursing care team.
- Frequent invasive and non-invasive patient contact.
- Exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to hazardous or poisonous materials.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.
- Ability to handle and administer narcotics as needed.
- Ability to read and write to communicate orally and in writing with other individuals.
- Normal hearing; normal vision, including color, night and peripheral vision.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. without assistance and push and pull up to 250 lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, sit in one place, squat, kneel, reach, bend, crawl and twist throughout the shift.
- Ability to perform repetitive hand and wrist motion as well as using hands for gripping and squeezing; ability to use hands and feet together for repetitive, coordinated motions.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 33463817 memphis